HAMBIS PRINTMAKING SCHOOL & MUSEUM
Hambis Printmaking School and Museum is a non-profit organisation, responsible for the running and administration of the Hambis Printmaking Centre, which includes the Museum and the School. The center is based in the village of Platanistia in the province of Limassol. The company was founded in November 2007 by the Cypriot printmaker Hambis and its principal goal is the promotion and development of the art of printmaking, both in Cyprus and internationally.
There are eight members in the organisation’s Administrative Board. There is also a large number of members who contribute to the organisation’s activities and participate in the annual General Assembly. A large number of volunteers work pro bono, assisting at the various events and activities organized by the School and the Museum.
- The goals of the Museum and School in the areas of artistic creation, education and research are realized through a variety of events and activities such as:
- Educational programs for adults and children, which include specialized tours and workshops.
- Seminars, lectures and periodic exhibitions.
- Specialized workshops on various printmaking techniques, taught by professional printmakers and visiting academics from Cyprus and abroad.
- Co-organizing the annual Countryside Animafest Cyprus- Views of the World.
- Offer hospitality to students and artists from abroad, in the framework of cultural exchange, a policy that the organization has followed since its foundation.